When calibrating your jet porter there are many factors to consider. The calibration lab you entrust should be following certain procedures when it comes to your equipment. To help ensure your equipment is properly calibrated, we have complied a list below of these factors.
- Once your Jet Porter has been in operations for four months, the steering chain should be tightened. The chain can be accessed through the knee level panel at the driver’s platform. Loosen the three bolt heads under the steering subframe and pull back the assembly to tighten the chain.
- Check electrical connections for loosening; tighten if necessary
- Check battery water level weekly
- Paint battery terminals with acid-proof coating
- Tighten all bolts and hydraulic fittings
- If battery acid is spilt, flush with water and baking soda. Wear gloves and eye protection when servicing batteries
- Check for any unusual conditions, such as bent metal or broken parts
- Never steam clean
- Replace worn tires with equal or greater capacity tires only. Do not change tire dimensions
Beyond your eagle tug equipment, what else should be maintenanced?
Read our guide to find out.