In order to ensure your aircraft dolly is functioning to the best of its capability, there are certain maintenance procedures that must be followed. We have compiled a checklist to ensure your aircraft dolly is being properly maintained and repaired.
- Lubricate all four wheel hubs and front truck swivel with general purpose grease annually
- Disabled aircraft dollies should be stored in a clean, dry area when not in use
- Check pump, reservoir, and lines for leaks
- Check fluid level in pump
- Check for bending, cracking, and dents in dolly
- Inspect wheels for severe wear
- Check towing eye for bending, excessive wear, and/or deformity
- Check towing eye mounting bolts, ensure fasteners are not loose or missing. Tighten to 25 ft-lbs or replace as required
- Check chains for excessive wear
- Check retraction pins for bends and cracks
RVSM isn’t all that needs inspected and. Here’s all the other equipment that needs calibrated and tested.