Proper repair and preventative maintenance are essentials for your portable water cart. Performing regular maintenance ensures the life and reliability of your cart. Preventative maintenance also prevents costly and time-consuming repairs. Below we have compiled a checklist to help you ensure that your portable water carts are being cared for properly.
- Check towing eye for bending, excessive wear, and/or deformity
- Ensure mounting bolts are not loose or missing. Tighten to 25 ft-lbs or replace if required
- Grease wheel bearings quarterly
- Clean inspection cover and tank mounting surfaces with a cleanser that is safe for portable water use
- Inspect cover gasket for signs of wear, repair as necessary
- Install inspection cover on the tank, torque to 75 in-lbs
- Inspect tank for signs of wear, repair or replace as necessary
- Clean outside of tank with a cleanser that is safe for portable water use
- Replace filter every 1,000 gallons of service
Following these preventative maintenance steps is crucial in order to ensure the accuracy and functionality of your portable water cart.
Should aircraft tools be calibrated in an accredited calibration lab?
Find out in our guide.