6 Steps for Hydraulic Power Unit, Repair, Maintenance and Calibration
Maintaining and repairing your hydraulic power unit can be a daunting task. There are many factors that must be considered and processes that must be followed. We have simplified this process for you in six easy steps to follow. The calibration lab that you entrust with your equipment should be following these steps to ensure proper functionality.
– Inspect HPU for loose fasteners, hose fittings, damaged hoses, leaks and worn electrical cables, repair as needed.
– The main pressure and return filter has a replaceable element that cannot be cleaned. Replace filter after every 25 hours of operation. Replace desiccant filter when material turns from purple to pink
– Periodic greasing is necessary on a frequently used HPU
– The swivel casters are equipped with grease fittings that must be lubricated annually
– Replace hydraulic fluid if an unusual color or smell is noticed. A sample analysis may be required.
– Annual calibration is recommended on various gauges