Maintaining and repairing your hydraulic power unit can be a daunting task. There are many factors that must be considered and processes that must be followed. We have simplified this process for you in six easy steps to follow. The calibration lab that you entrust with your equipment should be following these steps to ensure proper functionality.
1. General Maintenance – Inspect HPU for loose fasteners, hose fittings, damaged hoses, leaks and worn electrical cables, repair as needed.
2. Filter Maintenance – The main pressure and return filter has a replaceable element that cannot be cleaned. Replace filter after every 25 hours of operation. Replace desiccant filter when material turns from purple to pink
3. Electric Motor – Periodic greasing is necessary on a frequently used HPU
4. Lubrication – The swivel casters are equipped with grease fittings that must be lubricated annually
5. Hydraulic Fluid – Replace hydraulic fluid if an unusual color or smell is noticed. A sample analysis may be required.
6. Instrument Panel – Annual calibration is recommended on various gauges
Follow these 6 steps to ensure that your equipment functions properly and accurately.
To ensure accuracy and reliability in your skydrol recovery cart, proper maintenance and care protocol should be followed. If proper protocol is not followed, this could lead to damages and/or malfunctions in your cart. Follow these maintenance steps below to ensure accuracy in your cart: Lubricate all four wheel hubs and front truck swivel annually […]
Shadow Boards are visual methods of storing and organizing tools, parts and other items so that they are easy to identify and readily available at specific workplaces. Each shadow board consists of outlines or “shadows” in the shape of individual items to make it obvious where each item should be stored. Shadow Boards are always […]
e2b calibration is an ISO/IEC 17025 ACCREDITED calibration and repair laboratory providing a full scope of NIST TRACEABLE calibration, test, and measurement services for AEROSPACE equipment. Services are provided in a climate-controlled, state-of-the-art laboratory with ON-SITE SERVICES, and local pick-up and delivery available on request. A cloud-based document and ASSET MANAGEMENT PORTAL provides customers with instant access to certificates of calibration, asset information, and reports.